Friday, November 03, 2006

Doorae Me, Korean Restaurant, Sydney

Twas the eve of one of my good friends, Dennis's, birthday. Somehow, we've always imagined Dennis would be ruler of Korea one day, but Kim Jung Il can rest at ease in his chair as Dennis doesn't share the same aspirations himself, that we have for him.

Given our first choice, Japanese, was booked out, we followed the Korean theme and Cherie decided on Doorae Me. Pre-dinner drinks were held at the Red Oak, next door the restaurant.

The restaurant had the task of feeding us 19 people, and yep, we got the special room.

The ground seating was interesting, though a few of us had to sit with our legs straight out (poking at the opposite diner) to avoid cramps ;)


The menu, and Dennis's jeans

As with any large group, collating the orders did take quite a while. Food came out at around 9pm (ordered at 8.30).

Seafood Pancake - win!


Nack Ji Bokum (Octopus) - win!


Entree thingies - the potato one kicks ass (so we ordered more!!)


Sashimi - This stuff speaks for itself! - win!


Guk Su Jon Gol(??) - The scribble I have written down says 'Glass noodle icefood' which ... I don't think makes any sense :) Nevertheless, I didn't taste any, but it sure looks great ... if you like vegetarian :)


No idea. Looks like Kimchi Tofu. Tofu - win. Kimchi - I don't like kimchi :)


Ah yes, more of that potato entree has arrived :)


Sure looks like Beef Bulgogi to me, but I don't see it in any of my scribbles :(


One of the many hotpots. I seriously forgot what this one was called, it was quite nice.


The other hotpot near where I sat.

That pretty much does it for all the food. Unfortunately, I'm unable to give you a fair opinion of the place (given half my taste buds are numb). I'm sure it was very nice as I didn't hear a single gripe about the meals.

Would I come again? Sure :) This and Seoul Ria would be the two picks of Korean in the city thus far. Would like to try Hanabi, and City Pocha one day and see if I'd also rank them as potentials :)

No comments: